Make sure the key is in the OFF position when checking the electric cooling fan. If not, the fan could turn ON at any time, causing serious personal injury.
- Unplug the fan connector.
- Using a jumper wire, connect the female terminal of the fan connector to the negative battery terminal.
- The fan should turn on when the male terminal is connected to the positive battery terminal.
- If not, the fan is defective and should be replaced.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the connector.
- Remove the mounting screws.
- Remove the fan assembly from the vehicle.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the fan for proper operation.