See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system, including the engine block.
- Detach the power cord plug from the block heater assembly.
- Loosen the screw in the center of the heater and pull the heater from the block.
- Clean the heater hole in the block and the heater seat.
- Insert the heater with the element loop facing upward.
- Tighten the heater retaining screw securely.
- Refill the cooling system and pressurize the cooling system with a radiator pressure tool. Check for leaks before operating block heater.
- Connect the negative battery cable.