See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
When draining coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Remove the upper and lower hoses along with the coolant recovery tank tube to filler neck.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from fan motor.
- Remove the upper mounting bolts from fan assembly.
- Lift fan assembly from bottom ring retaining clip.
- Remove the radiator upper mounting bolts and carefully lift radiator from engine compartment.
- Carefully slide the radiator into place while aligning radiator with holes in radiator support seat.
- Install the upper radiator mounting bolts and tighten to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install the lower radiator hose and tighten to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Carefully install the fan assembly while aligning lower fan support into retaining clip.
- Attach washers and nuts to upper fan support.
- Engage the fan electrical connector.
- Install the upper radiator hose and tighten clamp to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Fill the cooling system.