REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
2.2L and 2.5 Engines
See Figure 1
When service procedures, such as timing belt removal, require solid mount bracket removal and installation, it is important that the bracket fasteners numbered 1 through 7 be removed and installed in sequence.
- Remove the accessory drive belts.
- Remove the air conditioner compressor with lines attached and set aside.
- Remove the alternator pivot bolt and remove the alternator.
- Remove the air conditioner compressor belt idler.
- Remove the right engine mount yoke screw securing the isolator support bracket to the engine mount bracket.
- Remove the five side mounting bolts No. 1, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
- Remove the front mounting nut No. 2 and remove or loosen front bolt No. 3.
- Rotate the solid mount bracket away from the engine and slide on stud (No. 2 nut mounting stud) until free. The front mounting bolt and spacer will be removed with the bracket.
The front mounting bolt and spacer need to be installed simultaneously.
- Install the bracket on front No. 2 nut mounting stud) and slide the bracket over the timing belt cover into position.
- Loosen the assembly bracket to engine fasteners No. 1 through 7.
The fasteners must be tighten to the specified torque and in the sequence as follows:
- Bolt No. 1 to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Nut No. 2 and bolt No. 3 to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Bolts No. 1 (second tightening), No. 4 and No. 5 to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Bolts No. 6 and No. 7 to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Install the alternator and compressor and tighten the compressor mounting bolts to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).