REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
2.2L and 2.5L Engines
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- Remove the drive belts, timing belt cover and timing belt. For more details, refer to the timing belt cover and timing belt removal procedures earlier in this section.
- Remove the crankshaft sprocket bolt.
- Remove the crankshaft sprocket using Tool C-4685 and Tool L-4524, or equivalent puller. If crankshaft seal removal is necessary, remove with Tool C-4679 (2.2L) or Tool C-4991 (2.5L), or an equivalent tool.
- Clean the crankshaft seal surface with 400 grit paper.
- Lightly coat the seal (Steel case seal) outer surface with Loctite Stud N' Bearing Mount (P/N 4057987) or equivalent. A soap and water solution is recommended to lubricate (Rubber Coated Case Seal) outer surface.
- Lightly lubricate the seal lip with engine oil.
- Install seal with Tool No. C-4680 (2.2L) or Tool No. C-4992 (2.5L).
- Install the sprocket and install sprocket bolt.
- Install the camshaft and intermediate shaft sprockets with Tool C-4687 and Tool C-4687-1 or a similar tool such as a strap wrench.
- Install the timing belt and timing belt cover.
- Install the accessory drive belts.
Refer to the Timing Chain procedure earlier in this section.3.0L, 3.3L and 3.8L Engines
Refer to the Timing Belt (3.0L) and Timing Chain (3.3L and 3.8L) procedures earlier in this section.