See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Drain the cooling system.
- Disconnect the EGR valve tube at the EGR valve.
- Disconnect the turbocharger oil feed at the oil sending unit hex and the coolant tube at the water box. Disconnect the oil/coolant support bracket from the cylinder head.
- Remove the right intermediate shaft, bearing support bracket and outer driveshaft assemblies.
- Remove the turbocharger-to-engine block support bracket.
- Disconnect the exhaust pipe at the articulated joint. Disconnect the oxygen sensor at the electrical connection.
- Loosen the oil drain-back tube connector clamps and move the tube hose down on the nipple.
- Disconnect the coolant tube nut at the block outlet (below steering pump bracket) and tube support bracket.
- Remove the turbocharger-to-exhaust manifold nuts. Carefully routing the oil and coolant lines, move the assembly down and out of the vehicle.
Before installing the turbocharger assembly, be sure it is first charged with oil. Failure to do this may cause damage to the assembly.
- Position the turbocharger on the exhaust manifold. Apply an anti-seize compound, Loctite® 771-64 or equivalent, to the threads and tighten the retaining nuts to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Connect the coolant tube-to-engine block fitting. Tighten the tube nut to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm).
- Position the oil drain-back hose and tighten the clamps to 30 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
Install and tighten the:
Turbocharger-to-engine support bracket block screw to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Install the right driveshaft assembly, the starter and the oil feed line at the sending unit hex. Tighten the oil feed tube nut to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm) and the EGR tube to EGR valve nut to 60 ft. lbs. (81 Nm).
- Refill the cooling system. Connect the negative battery cable and check the turbocharger for proper operation.