REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the vehicle and properly support on jackstands.
Be very careful when working on or near the catalytic converter! External temperatures can reach 1500°F (816°C) and more, causing severe burns! Removal or installation should be performed only on a cold exhaust system.
- Apply penetrating oil to clamp bolts, nuts and connecting points of system to be remove.
- Remove the nuts and clamp assembly from exhaust pipe to muffler connecting point.
- Remove the shoulder bolts, springs and nuts attaching exhaust pipe to exhaust manifold.
- Remove the exhaust pipe/converter assembly from muffler.
- Clean the exhaust manifold to exhaust pipe/converter assembly gasket mating surfaces and the end of muffler with a wire brush.
- Install the exhaust pipe/converter assembly or resonator into muffler. Make certain the key on the converter or resonator pipe bottomed in slot of muffler.
- Install a new gasket on the exhaust pipe and position exhaust pipe into exhaust manifold. Install springs, shoulder bolts and nuts. Tighten the nuts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Align the parts, then install a new clamp assembly at the exhaust pipe and muffler connecting point. Tighten the clamps nuts to 23 ft. lbs. (31 Nm).