REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open the front door and remove the inner door panel covering. Disconnect the interior light wiring harness and feed it through the access hole. Disconnect the door swing stop.
- Open the door wide enough to gain access to the hinge bolts. Place a padded support under the door edge that will hold the door in a level position when the hinges been unbolted from the frame.
- Scribe around the door hinge on the door frame. Remove the hinge mounting bolts, lower hinge first, then the upper, from the door frame.
- Remove the door.
- Place the door on the padded support and install the hinge mounting bolts until they are snug enough to support the door, but not tight enough to prevent door adjustment.
- Adjust the door position until correctly aligned, then tighten the hinge bolts.
- Adjust the striker as necessary.
- Connect the door stop and interior light harness.
- Install the inner trim panel.
- Remove the door trim panel, silencer pad and water shield.
- Disengage all wire connectors and wire harness hold-downs inside of the door, and push the harness through the access hole in the front of the door.
- Open the door and support it with a jack, an assistant should also be used to hold the door.
- Using a hammer and punch, drive the bottom hinge pin upward and remove the pin from the hinge.
- Drive the upper hinge pin from the hinge and remove it. Separate the door from the vehicle.
- Install the door assembly on the hinges.
- Install the hinge pins, by tapping them into position.
- The door should not require any re-alignment. Install the wiring harness into the door.
- Install the trim panel.
The front doors should be adjusted so that there is a 1 / 4 in. (6mm) gap between the edge of the front fender and the edge of the door, and a 1 / 4 in. (6mm) gap between the back edge of the door and the lock pillar. Adjust the door to position and raise or lower it so that the stamped edge line matches the body panel line. Secure the door in proper position after necessary adjustments.