REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Raise the hood to its full open position.
- Remove the cowl cover retaining screws.
- Remove the wiper arms and the cowl cover.
- Disengage the under hood light connector.
- Mark all bolt and hinge attachment points with a grease pencil or equivalent, to provide reference marks for installation.
- Remove the top hood-to-hinge attaching bolts and loosen the bottom bolts until they can be removed by hand.
- With the aid of a helper, support the hood and remove the hinge bolts.
- Move the hood away from the vehicle and store it in a way to prevent it from being damaged.
- With the aid of a helper, position the hood on the hinges and install the lower hinge bolt finger-tight.
- Install the remaining hinge bolts and align the hinge marks. Tighten the bolts.
When the hood is properly aligned there should be a 0.16 in. (4mm) clearance at the fenders, and the hood should be flush in height with the top of the fenders.
- Connect the under hood light and install the cowl cover. Install the wiper arms.
- Check the hood latch operation.