REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Support the liftgate in the full opened position.
- Scribe an alignment mark on the liftgate to mark the hinge positions.
- Place masking tape on the roof edge and liftgate edge to protect the paint surfaces during removal and installation.
- Remove the liftgate prop fasteners and remove the props.
- Have a helper on hand to support the liftgate. Remove the hinge mounting bolts and remove the liftgate.
- Raise the liftgate into position and install the hinge mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts until they are snug, but not tight enough to prevent liftgate adjustment.
- Shift the liftgate until the hinge scribe marks are in position, then tighten the hinge mounting bolts.
- Attach and secure the liftgate props.