REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Have the system discharged by a qualified professional mechanic using an approved recovery/recycling machine.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On 1992-95 vehicles, remove the vehicle jack.
- Remove the nuts that fasten the refrigerant lines to sides of the receiver/drier assembly.
- Remove the refrigerant lines from the receiver/drier and discard the gaskets. Cover the exposed ends of the lines to minimize contamination.
- Remove the mounting strap bolts and remove the receiver/drier from the engine compartment.
- Transfer the mounting strap to the new receiver/drier.
- Coat the new gaskets with wax-free refrigerant oil and install. Connect the refrigerant lines to the receiver/drier and tighten the nuts.
- Have the system evacuated and recharged by a qualified professional mechanic, utilizing the proper equipment. Add 1 fl. oz. (29 ml) of refrigerant oil during the recharge. Check for leaks.