REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the headlamp switch plate bezel.
- Remove the switch plate (4) retaining screws and pull the switch plate rearward.
- Disengage the electrical connectors. Remove the headlamp switch knob and shaft by depressing button on the switch body. Pull the knob and shaft out of the switch.
- Remove the (2) screws retaining the headlamp switch to switch plate assembly.
- Remove the headlamp switch retainer.
- Install the replacement switch into the headlamp switch plate with retainer.
- Install the headlamp switch retaining screws to the switch plate assembly.
- Install the headlamp switch knob and shaft.
- Engage the electrical connectors.
- Secure the headlamp switch plate with (4) attaching screws.
- Install the headlamp switch plate bezel.
On the 1991 models, the headlight switch is removed in the same manner as the windshield wiper switch. Refer to the windshield wiper switch removal procedure on these models.1992-95 Models
On these models, the left POD switch consists of the headlamp, parking lamp and hazard switches.
- To remove the left POD switch, place a tool fabricated from a metal rod, shown in the illustration, in the hole right of the switch in the cluster bezel below the POD switch.
- Move the tool to the lower tab and depress. Pull the switch out to free the lower tab.
- Move the tool upward along the right side of the switch to place on the top tab. Pull down on the tab and pull the switch out of the bezel.
- Disengage the wire connector.
- Engage the wire connector and push the switch into position until the tab locks in place.