REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Front Seat Belts
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the shoulder harness turning loop.
- Remove the B-pillar trim or quarter trim as needed, to gain access to the retractor assembly.
- Remove the bolt holding the retractor assembly to the body and remove it from the vehicle.
- Install the replacement belt in position and install any removed trim.
- Lift the cover from over the mounting bolt.
- Remove the bolt retaining the buckle to the seat riser.
- Disengage the seat belt sensor wire connector and remove the buckle from the vehicle.
- Install the buckle in position and connect the electrical lead.
See Figure 5
The rear seat belts in these vehicles are attached to the seat assembly mounting. The belt assemblies are retained by 1 bolt each. Remove the mounting bolt to remove the assembly. When installing replacement belts, tighten all mounting bolts to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).1991-95 MODELS
See Figures 6 and 7
The seat belt assemblies in these vehicles are 3 point types mounted to the body in the same manner as the front belts.
- Remove the interior trim as needed to gain access to the retractor assembly.
- Remove the bolt holding the lower lap belt anchor to the floor bracket.
- Remove the bolt retaining the retractor assembly to the inner quarter panel.
- Remove the belt assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the replacement belt in position and install any trim that was removed.