See Figures 1 and 2
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle.
- Disconnect both rear halfshafts from the axle carrier assembly.
- Using 2 prybars, remove the output shaft.
- Unfasten the end cover retaining bolts and remove the end cover.
- Remove the differential assembly from the rear driveline case.
- Remove the ring gear bolts and separate the differential case from the differential body.
- Using a punch and hammer, remove the differential pinion shaft pin.
- Slide the differential pinion shaft out of the differential case.
- Replace the pinion gears, shaft or washers as required.
- Reverse steps 8-5 to assemble the differential. Tighten the ring gear bolts to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Install the differential into the module case. Clean and inspect sealer surfaces.
- Apply Loctite® gasket eliminator or equivalent, and install the end cover. Tighten, in the sequence shown, to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Install the rear halfshafts and lower the vehicle.