REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering column cover.
- If equipped with automatic transaxle, position the gear selector into DRIVE and disconnect the indicator cable.
- Remove the lower panel reinforcement.
- Drop the steering column for switch replacement.
- Disengage the wiring connector from the ignition switch.
- Position the ignition lock cylinder into the LOCK position.
- Tape the ignition switch rod to the steering column to prevent the rod from falling out of the lock cylinder assembly.
- Remove the screws attaching the ignition switch to the column jacket.
- Remove the ignition switch by rotating the switch 90 degrees and pulling up to disengage from the rod.
- Rotate the switch 90° and push down to engage the rod.
- Install the screws to the ignition switch mounting plate but do not tighten.
- Remove the tape holding the rod to the column.
- Adjust the switch by pushing up on the switch to take up rod system slack. This must be done with the key cylinder in the LOCK position and the key removed.
- Tighten the screws attaching the switch to the column.
- Connect the wiring connector to the ignition switch.
- Install the steering column.
- Install the steering column cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.