REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Tie Rod Ends
- Raise the front of the vehicle and support on jackstands.
- Loosen the jam nut which connects the tie rod end to the rack.
- Mark the tie rod position on the threads.
- Remove the tie rod cotter pin and nut.
- Using a puller, remove the tie rod from the steering knuckle.
Count the number of turns when removing tie rod end. Install the new end the same amount of turns.
- Unscrew the tie rod end from the rack.
- Install a new tie rod end, screw in the same number of turns as when removed. Tighten the jam nut to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Check the wheel alignment.