REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
When removing a deployed module, rubber gloves, eye protection and long sleeve shirt should be worn, as there may be deposits on the surface which could irritate the skin and eyes.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and isolate.
- Wait two minutes for the reserve capacitor to discharge before removing a non-deployed module.
- Remove four nuts attaching air bag module to steering wheel.
- Lift module and disengage the electrical connector from the rear of the module.
- Remove module.
- When replacing a deployed module, the clockspring must also be replaced. Refer to Clockspring Removal and Installation for proper procedure.
- Connect clockspring squib connector to the module, by pressing straight in on the connector. Push connector past the secondary latching fingers until it is FULLY SEATED into the module squib.
- Install four nuts and tighten to 80-100 inch lbs. (9-11 Nm).
- Perform the Air Bag System Check procedures outlined in this section before connecting the negative battery cable.