REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
Both the motor and wiper linkage are serviced as a unit.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the wiper arm and blade assemblies. Refer to the windshield wiper arm removal and installation procedure in this section.
- Open the hood, then remove the cowl plenum grille and plastic screen.
- Remove the hoses from the turret connector. Remove the pivot mounting screws.
- Disengage the motor wiring connector from the motor.
- Remove the retaining nut from the wiper motor shaft-to-linkage drive crank, then separate the drive crank from the wiper motor shaft.
- Remove the wiper motor assembly mounting screws and nuts, then remove the wiper motor.
- Position the wiper motor against it's mounting surface, then secure in position with the mounting screws and nuts.
- Connect the wiring harness.
- Install the linkage drive crank onto the wiper motor shaft and secure it with the retaining nut. Torque the nut to 95 inch lbs. (11 Nm).
- Install the cowl plenum grille plastic screen.
- Connect hoses to turret connector.
- Install the cowl plenum grille. Connect the negative battery cable. Close the hood.
- Install the windshield wiper arm and blade assemblies.