REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1995 Cirrus and Stratus; 1995-96 Sebring Coupe and Avenger
See Figure 1
On these vehicles, the back-up light switch is referred to as the transmission range switch, and is located on the front of the transaxle, just above the fluid pan.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Place a suitable drain pan under the transaxle.
- Disengage the electrical connector from the switch.
- Unscrew the switch from the transaxle case, letting the fluid drain into the pan.
- Position a new seal washer, then screw the switch into the transaxle case.
- Attach the electrical connector to the switch.
- Add fluid to the transaxle to bring it up to the proper level.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
1996-98 Cirrus, Stratus, Sebring Convertible and Breeze; 1997-98 Sebring Coupe and Avenger
On these vehicles, neutral safety switch and back-up light switch functions are performed by a transaxle range sensor, which is located within the transaxle assembly. To remove the sensor, the transaxle fluid pan and valve body must be removed.
For transaxle range sensor removal and installation on 1996-98 Cirrus/Stratus/Sebring convertible/Breeze and 1997-98 Sebring coupe/Avenger models, refer to the Neutral Safety Switch procedure earlier in this section.