CIRRUS, STRATUS, SEBRING CONVERTIBLE AND BREEZE
2.0L and 2.4L Engines
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the remote negative battery cable from the left strut tower. The ground cable is equipped with an insulator grommet which should be placed on the stud to prevent the negative battery cable from accidentally grounding.
- Remove the fuel filler cap.
- Remove the cap on the fuel pressure test port on the fuel rail.
- Place the open end of a fuel pressure release hose (special tool number C-4799-1 or equivalent) into an approved gasoline container. Connect the other end of the hose to the fuel pressure test port. Fuel pressure will bleed off through the hose, and into the gasoline container.
See Figures 3 and 4
- Disconnect the fuel rail electrical harness from the engine harness. This is connector C165, a black plastic connector located at the right rear of the intake manifold.
- Circuit A142 supplies voltage for the fuel injectors while the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) controls the ground for each injector. Connect a jumper wire to the terminal for Circuit A142 (terminating an 18 gauge dark green wire with an orange tracer, from the ASD relay).
- Connect the other end of the jumper wire to a 12 volt power source.
- Connect one end of a second jumper wire to a ground source.
- Momentarily ground each of the injectors by connecting the other end of the jumper wire to the injector terminal in the harness connector. Repeat this procedure for 2 or 3 injectors.
SEBRING COUPE AND AVENGER
See Figure 5
- Remove the fuel filler cap to release fuel tank pressure.
- Remove the rear seat cushion, as described in General Information & Maintenance 0 , then remove the fuel pump access cover.
There are two access covers underneath the seat. The panel on the far right side is for the fuel pump.
- At the top of the fuel pump, disengage the fuel pump harness connector.
- Start the vehicle and allow it to run until it stalls from lack of fuel. Turn the key to the OFF position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable, then plug in the fuel pump connector.
- Install the fuel filler cap and rear seat cushion (unless other work, such as fuel pump service, requires its removal).