REMOVAL & installation
See Figure 1
- If possible, move the window to the fully closed position.
- Remove the door trim panel and window regulator assembly, as described earlier in this section.
- Secure the sector gear and mounting plate with a C-clamp. This will prevent a sudden and forceful movement of the regulator when the motor is removed.
- Remove the 3 mounting screws that secure the motor gear box to the regulator.
- Remove the motor from the regulator.
- Install the replacement motor on the regulator by positioning the motor's gear box so that it engages the regulator's sector teeth.
A slight rotational or rocking motion may be necessary to bring the 3 motor gear box screw holes into proper position.
- Install the 3 gear box screws and one tie-down bracket screw, if applicable.
- Tighten the mounting bolts to 50-74 inch lbs. (5.6-8.5 Nm).
- Install the regulator assembly and door trim panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.