REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove any trim components concealing the seat track mechanism.
- Move the seat to the fully forward position.
- Remove the bolts holding the rear of the seat track to the floor.
- Move the seat to the rearward position.
- Remove the bolts securing the front of the seat to the floor.
- If equipped with power seats, disengage the power seat wiring harness.
- Remove the seat from the vehicle.
- Move the seat to the fully rearward position and make sure both seat tracks are locked into position.
- Place the seat in position in the vehicle. Do not use the head restraint, side shield, recliner handle, or adjuster lift bar to move the seat.
- If equipped with power seats, connect the wiring harness.
- Make sure that the mounting bolt holes are aligned with the bolt holes in the vehicle floor pan.
- Install the front inboard bolt holding the seat track to the floor crossmember. Install the front outboard bolt holding the seat track to the floor crossmember.
- Move the seat to the forward position. Check to make sure the inboard and outboard tracks are latched in the full forward position.
- Install the bolts holding the rear of the seat track to the floor.
Tighten the indicated mounting bolts to the following specifications:
Cirrus, Stratus, Sebring convertible and Breeze (all bolts): 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm)
- Install any trim components concealing the seat track mechanism.
- Check the front seat adjuster mechanism for proper operation.
Rear SeatsREar seat back
- Remove the rear seat cushion.
- Unfasten the bolts securing the rear seat back to the floor.
- On fold-down rear seats, remove the seat back side bolsters.
- On non-fold-down rear seats, push the rear seat back upward to disengage the hooks at the top of the seat back, then remove the seat back from the vehicle.
- Place the rear seat back into position in the vehicle.
- On non-fold-down rear seats, push the seat back downward to engage the hooks at the top of the seat back.
- Install the bolts holding the rear seat back and side bolsters (if equipped) to the floor. Tighten the retainers to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Install the rear seat cushion.
- Pull upward at each end of the front edge of the rear seat cushion to disengage the retainer loops from the cups in the floor.
- Remove the rear seat cushion from the vehicle.
- Place the rear seat cushion in position under the bottom of the seat back.
- Position the inboard seat belts on top of the seat cushion.
- Guide the seat cushion loops into the retainer cups in the floor pan.
- Push downward on the front corners of the seat cushion to engage the retainers.