REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire.
- Remove the wheel speed sensor and disconnect sufficient harness clips to allow the sensor and wiring to be moved out of the work area.
The speed sensor has a pole piece projecting from it. This exposed tip must be protected from impact or scratches. Do not allow the pole piece to contact the toothed wheel during removal or installation.
- Remove the front hub and knuckle assembly.
- Remove the hub from the knuckle.
- Support the hub in a vise with protected jaws. Remove the retaining bolts from the toothed wheel and remove the toothed wheel.
- Fit the new toothed wheel onto the hub and tighten the retaining bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Assemble the hub to the knuckle
- Install the hub and knuckle assembly to the vehicle.
- Install the wheel speed sensor.
- Install the wheel and tire.
- Lower the vehicle to the ground.