See Figure 1
When it is necessary to disconnect the linkage cable from the lever, which uses plastic grommets as retainers, the grommets should be replaced.
- Set the parking brake.
- Move the shift lever into P .
- Loosen the clamp bolt on the gear shift cable bracket.
- Make sure the preload adjustment spring engages the fork on the transaxle bracket.
- Pull the shift lever all the way to the front detent position P and torque the lock screw to 100 inch lbs. (11 Nm).
Check the following conditions:
- The detent positions for N and D should be within limits of hand lever gate stops.
- Key start must occur only when the shift lever is in P or N positions.
THROTTLE CONTROL CABLE
See Figure 2
- Run the engine to normal operating temperature. Shut it off and make sure the throttle plate is closed (curb idle position).
- Raise the small cone-shaped cover on the throttle cable to expose the nipple.
- Loosen the lower cable bracket bolt.
- Move the lower cable bracket until the distance between the collar and the lower cover (A) directly underneath it is 0.5-1.5mm.
- Tighten the bracket bolt to 9-11 ft. lbs.
See Figure 3
- Place manual control lever in the Neutral position.
- Loosen the two switch attaching bolts. Switch is located on side of transmission.
- Turn the switch body until the flat end of the manual lever is centered over the square end of the switch body flange.
- While keeping the switch body flange and manual lever aligned torque the two attaching bolts to 7.5-8.5 ft. lbs.