The valve performs one or more of the following functions:
- Controls the amount of hydraulic pressure to the rear brakes.
- Warns of failure in the brake system (warning light on dash).
- Inactivates rear pressure control in case of failure in the front service brake system.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the brake lines at the valve.
Use a flare nut wrench, if possible, to avoid damage to the lines and fittings.
- Remove the mounting bolts and remove the valve.
Do not disassemble the valve, replace with a new one if necessary.
- Install the valve and connect the lines. Make sure the brake lines are tight. Fill the system with fluid and bleed the brakes.