REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Loosen the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder and drain the system.
- Disconnect the pushrod from the clutch pedal.
- Disconnect the clutch pedal from the pedal bracket.
- Disconnect the fluid line and reservoir tube from the master cylinder.
- Remove the reservoir and bracket on models with externally mounted fluid reservoirs. Unbolt and remove the master cylinder and remove.
- Installation is the reverse order of removal procedures. Torque the cylinder retaining nuts to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm), the fluid pipe to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm) and the reservoir bracket bolts to 5 ft. lbs. (7 Nm).
- Install the master cylinder and bleed the system.
On the 4WD Vista, the lower master cylinder mounting nut is accessed from inside the vehicle.