REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the driveshaft and center bearing as in the above procedure.
- Matchmark the two driveshafts with the center bearing.
- Disassemble the universal joint connecting the center bearing with the rear driveshaft.
- Remove and discard the self-locking nut holding the yoke half to the center bearing.
- Pull the yoke from the center bearing.
- Pull off the center bearing bracket.
The mounting rubber is not removable from the center bearing bracket
- Using a two-jawed puller, remove the center bearing from the forward driveshaft.
- Apply a coating of chassis lube to the grease holder on the center bearing and to the outer circumference of the dust boot at the point at which the shaft is inserted.
- Install the bearing in the groove of the center bearing bracket mounting rubber. Make sure it is securely installed.
- Install the center bearing assembly to the forward driveshaft.
- Align the matchmarks and slide the yoke half into the center bearing. Using a new self-locking nut, seat the yoke in the center bearing. Torque the nut to 160 ft. lbs.
- Align the matchmarks and assemble the yoke. Make sure the snaprings securing the bearings caps are installed with a clearance of 0-0.03mm between the snapring and groove in the yoke.