REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 10
Although the distributor can be removed from the engine no matter which cylinder is about to fire, it is a good idea to have number one cylinder at TDC before distributor removal.1.5L, 1.8L, 2.4L SOHC Engines
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect and tag the spark plug wires from the distributor cap.
- Disconnect the distributor harness connector.
- Loosen the distributor retaining bolt and remove the distributor from the engine.
- Rotate the engine until No. 1 cylinder is at TDC on its compression stroke.
Be careful not to turn it to the No. 4 cylinder TDC on its compression stroke by mistake.
- Align the distributor housing and gear mating marks.
- Install the distributor into the engine, while aligning the fine cut (groove or projection) on the distributor flange with the center of the distributor mounting stud.
- Install and tighten the distributor retaining bolt.
- Reconnect the distributor harness connector.
- Install the distributor cap and spark plug wires.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.