REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the air duct-heat stove and shroud. Disconnect any EGR or heat lines. Disconnect the reed valve (if equipped).
- Remove the exhaust pipe support bracket from the engine block (if equipped).
- Remove the exhaust pipe from exhaust manifold by removing the exhaust pipe flange nuts. It may be necessary to remove one nut or bolt from underneath the car. If you jack up the car, remember to support it on jackstands.
- On models with a catalytic converter mounted between the exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe: first remove the exhaust pipe, then the secondary air supply pipe.
- Remove the nuts mounting the exhaust manifold to the cylinder head. On cars without a converter, remove the exhaust manifold. On cars with a converter, slide the manifold from the cylinder hear so you have enough room to remove the converter mounting bolts. When the converter is disconnected, remove the exhaust manifold.
- Install the exhaust manifold with new gaskets. New gaskets should be used and on some engines, port liner gaskets are used.