REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The factory recommends that the engine be removed from the car.
- Unscrew the retaining bolts and remove the housing from the block.
- Remove the separator from the housing.
- Using a small pry bar, pry out the old seal.
- Clean the housing and the separator.
- Lightly oil the replacement seal. Tap the seal into housing using a canister top or other circular piece of metal. The oil seal should be installed so that the seal plate fits into the inner contact surface of the seal case.
- Install the separator into the housing so that the oil hole faces down.
- Oil the lips of the seal and install the housing on the rear of the engine block.