REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise the hood. Scribe mark the hinge to hood panel location.
- Place padding between the windshield/cowl and hood edge to prevent damage should the hood slip during removal.
- Have a helper hold the front of the hood to prevent it from falling or sliding when the mounting bolts are removed.
- Remove the hood panel to hinge mounting bolts and remove the hood.
- Position the hood panel over the hinges and align the panel with the scribed lines. Install and tighten the mounting bolts.
- One, or both sets of hood hinge mounting holes or the hood panel attaching captive mounting nut locations are elongated to permit panel to fender and cowl adjustment.
- Locate the mounting bolts that are in the elongated holes. Loosen them slightly until the hood panel position can be shifted.
- Move the panel as required for even spacing around the hood outer edges. Tighten the bolts.
- Adjustable (up or down) bumpers are provided, in most cases, to permit the front of the hood to be raised or lower to match the fender edges. Raise or lower the bumpers, by screwing them in or out, to adjust.