The power mirrors are controlled by a switch mounted on the door trim panel, integral of the door handle assembly on Vista series and on the center console on Colt series. Each mirror is moved by an integral set of motors; 1 motor controls the up and down motion, the other controls the left to right motion.
The mirror switch consists of a left-right change over select knob and control knobs. The switch is ready to function only when the ignition switch is in the ACC or ON position. Movement of the mirror is accomplished by the motors located in the mirror housing.
DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING
Remove the switch from the door trim panel or the console, as required. Check for continuity between the terminals in each switch position.Mirror Assembly
- Remove the mirror trim panel and disconnect the electrical lead to the mirror.
Test the mirror operation using the following procedures:
- Tilt up - connect a 12 volt power source to terminal 1 and ground terminal 3.
- Tilt down - connect a 12 volt power source to terminal 3 and ground terminal 1.
- Swing right - connect a 12 volt power source to terminal 3 and ground terminal 2.
- Swing left - connect a 12 volt power source to terminal 2 and ground terminal 3.
- If the mirror does not operate properly in any of these tests, replace the assembly.