REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the distributor cap and wires so the compressor may be lifted from the engine compartment.
- If equipped with 1.6L engine, remove the tensioner pulley assembly.
- Remove the compressor drive belt. Disconnect the clutch coil connector.
- Disconnect the refrigerant lines from the compressor and discard the O-rings. Cover the exposed ends of the lines to minimize contamination.
- Remove the compressor mounting bolts and the compressor.
- Install the compressor and torque the mounting bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm). Connect the clutch coil connector.
- Using new lubricated O-rings, connect the refrigerant lines to the compressor.
- Install the belt and tensioner pulley, if removed. Adjust the belt to specifications.
- Install the distributor cap and wires.
- Evacuate and recharge the air conditioning system.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the entire climate control system for proper operation. Check the system for leaks.