The pressure switch, used on Colt with 1.6L engine, is used to control the 2-speed condenser cooling fan. The switch is normally located on the high pressure line near the left front of the engine compartment.
- Install a manifold gauge set to the air conditioning system.
- Check the continuity of the switch at different pressures. The switch should be open a pressures below 213 psi and closed at 256 psi or higher.
- For the purpose of testing, the pressures can be lowered by using an auxiliary fan to cool the condenser and raised by placing a cover over the condenser to prevent air flow.
- If faulty, replace the switch if faulty.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the switch from the refrigerant line.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Evacuate and recharge the air conditioning system.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the entire climate control system for proper operation. Check the system for leaks.