Located on the rear of the compressor on Colt, the refrigerant temperature sensor detects the temperature of the refrigerant delivered from the compressor during operation. The switch is designed to cut off the compressor when the temperature of the refrigerant exceeds 347°F (175°C), preventing overheating.
- Measure the resistance between the yellow-with-green-tracer wire and the black-with-yellow-tracer wire.
- At 75-80°F, the resistance specification is about 80 kilo ohms.
- If the reading deviates greatly from the specification, replace the sensor.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
- Disconnect the connector.
- Remove the mounting screws and the sensor from the compressor.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal installation. Use a new lubricated O-ring when installing.
- Evacuate and recharge the air conditioning system.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the entire climate control system for proper operation. Check the system for leaks.