REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Carefully snap the molding from the weather-stripping.
- Using a wood spatula, break the adhesive bond between the weather-stripping and the body flange.
- Push out the inner lip of the weather-stripping, from inside the truck, while pushing out on the glass.
- With the aid of an assistant, remove the glass and weather-stripping.
- Before installing the glass, make sure that you clean all of the old adhesive from all parts.
- Place a coat of primer in the molding. Install the weather-stripping around the glass.
- Liberally wet the groove in the weather-stripping with liquid soap.
- Place a string, about 4mm (0.157 inch) in diameter, in the groove all the way around the weather-stripping. Allow a good length to hang free.
- Place the glass into position in the frame, with the free end of the string hanging inside the truck. Pull the string while pushing inward on the glass, to properly position the inner lip of the weather-stripping.
- Go around the inner and outer sides of the weather-stripping with a thin tool to make sure that the weather-stripping is flat against the frame.
- Using a thin coat of rubber sealer, seal the outer edge of the weather-stripping against the frame.
- Snap the molding into place.