REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle, with the suspension hanging free.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Remove the brake drums.
- Remove the bolts securing the axle flange to the intermediate shaft flange.
- Remove the axle flange nut.
- Use a slide hammer puller, and remove the axleshaft from the housing.
- Remove the lower control arm.
- Remove the dust cover and outer wheel bearing and seal from the axleshaft with an appropriate puller.
- Press the inner bearing and seal from the housing. Pack the new bearing with grease and press into place.
- Install the new inner bearing seal.
- Install the dust cover into place evenly in the housing.
- Coat the lip of a new seal and pack the outer bearing with grease.
- Press in the bearing and seal.
- Press the axleshaft into the inner arm.
- Install the inner arm assembly.
- Install the companion flange and nut. Torque the nut to 160 ft. lbs.
- Connect the intermediate shaft and axleshaft. Torque the bolts to 43 ft. lbs.