REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1990-91 2WD Vista
- Raise the vehicle and support it safely. Allow the rear wheels to hang.
- Place a suitable jack under the rear axle and remove the bottom bolts or nuts of the shock absorbers.
- Lower the rear axle and remove the left and right coil springs.
- Installation is the reverse order of the removal procedure.
When installing the spring, pay attention to the difference in shape between the upper and lower spring seats.1992-93 Vista
- Remove the rear stabilizer bar.
- Using a jack, support the lower arm. Remove the rear shock absorber.
- If equipped with 4WD, remove the rear drive shaft mounting bolts at the carrier flange and hang the drive shaft from the vehicle body using wire.
- If equipped with ABS, remove the speed sensor clamp bolt and relocate out of the way. Do not apply tension to the wire harness of the connector.
- Scribe mating marks on the lower arm shaft assembly and the crossmember. To remove the coil spring, loosen the shaft assembly nut and slowly lower the rear end of the lower arm. It is not necessary to remove the nut, only to loosen it.
- Install the coil spring into the seats making sure that both ends of the spring are correctly aligned with the spring seat groove.
- Slowly raise the rear the rear end of the lower arm and align the scribe marks made during disassembly. Tighten shaft assembly nut to 69 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Install the speed sensor clamp to its' original location and secure the wire harness making.
- Install the rear drive shaft to the flange and secure tightening mounting bolts to 40-47 ft. lbs. (55-65 Nm).
- Reconnect the lower portion of the shock and tighten the retaining bolt to 72 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Lower the arm and remove the jack. Align all 4 wheels.