REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the vehicle and support it safely. Allow the lower arms and suspension to hang. Remove the wheels.
- Raise the axle slightly to relax the strut and to support the axle when the strut is removed. Position an additional support under the axle.
- Take care in jacking that no contact is made on the lateral rod.
- On hatchback, remove the trunk side trim.
- Remove the upper dust cover cap.
- Remove the upper mounting nuts. Remove the lower mounting bolt and nut.
- Remove the strut from the vehicle.
- Remove the dust cover.
- Install a MacPherson strut spring compressor and compress the spring. Compress the spring so that the maximum length will be obtained.
- Remove the shaft nut, strut insulator, upper spring seat and spring with the compressor installed.
- Install the spring (with compressor), upper spring seat, insulator and shaft nut. Line up the spring end with the holes in the spring seats. Torque the shaft nut to 43-51 ft. lbs. (60-70 Nm). Remove the spring compressor.
- Installation is the reverse order of the removal procedures. Torque the lower mounting bolt and nut to 58-72 ft. lbs. (79-98 Nm); the upper mounting nuts to 18-25 ft. lbs. (24-34 Nm).