See Figure 1
- Disconnect the the electrical connector from the defogger timer.
- Use a suitable voltmeter and check for 12 volts at the middle terminal on the top row of terminals in the connector when the ignition and defogger switch is turned ON .
- The timer should operate for approximately 11 minutes and then stop. If the defogger switch is pressed once again or the ignition switch is turned OFF while the timer is operating, the voltage at the same terminal should be 0 volts.
- If the timer does not show the correct voltage during this test, replace the timer.
See Figure 2
- Disconnect the defogger timer.
- Connect battery ground to terminal 4.
- Connect battery positive to terminal 1.
- Connect a test light between battery positive and terminal 6.
- The test light should light for 10 seconds when battery voltage is applied to terminal 7 for a few seconds.
- Check that the test light goes off, when battery voltage is again applied to the terminal 7.