REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The A/C compressor may be unbolted and repositioned without discharging the refrigerant system. Discharging is not necessary if removing the compressor clutch/coil assembly, engine, cylinder head, or alternator.
- Take the vehicle to a certified shop to have the system discharged properly if you are removing the compressor.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen and remove the drive belts.
- Remove the refrigerant lines from the compressor, if necessary. Cap the lines to minimize contamination.
- Disconnect the compressor clutch electrical harness.
- Remove the compressor attaching bolt.
- Remove the compressor. If the A/C lines were not disconnected, lift the compressor/clutch assembly and tie to a suitable component.
- Replace the compressor. Install the compressor mounting bolt and tighten to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Connect the compressor clutch electrical harness.
- Install the refrigerant lines, if removed. Replace all O-rings and gaskets. Coat all sealing surfaces with a wax free refrigerant oil.
- Replace drive belts and adjust to proper tension.
- Properly charge the A/C system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.