REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The evaporator probe is located on the lower right side of the heater housing.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the right side under panel silencer.
- Disconnect the wiring harness for the evaporator probe.
- At the center of the heater housing, locate the evaporator probe access plate. Using a flat bladed prytool, pull back on the locking tab. Twist the access plate counterclockwise one-quarter turn and remove the plate.
- Pull the probe out of the evaporator core. This plate must be pushed inside the A/C unit and oriented in such a way that the plate can be removed.
- Install the new probe into the evaporator. The new probe must not go into the same hole that the probe was removed from. The evaporator is manufactured with three holes for probe insertion. Insert the probe in the uppermost hole.
- Install the probe access panel.
- Attach the probe wiring harness.
- Connect the negative battery cable.