REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Take the vehicle to a certified A/C shop to have the system discharged properly.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On vehicles with 3.5L engines, remove the air inlet tube and the air distribution duct.
- Disconnect the A/C lines from the expansion valve. Cap the lines to minimize contamination.
- Remove the two retaining bolts from the expansion valve.
- Remove the expansion valve.
- Remove the expansion valve gasket.
- Using a NEW gasket, install the expansion valve. Coat all sealing surfaces with wax free refrigerant oil.
- Install the expansion valve retaining bolts.
- Connect the A/C lines to the expansion valve.
- Install the air distribution duct and the air inlet tube, if removed.
- Properly charge the A/C system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.