REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The sun sensor is used only on vehicles equipped with the Automatic Temperature Control (ATC). The sensor is mounted on the top of the instrument panel below the panel top cover. This is not a thermistor type sensor but a photo diode. This sensor is not serviceable and must be replaced if found faulty.
- Remove the instrument panel top cover.
- Remove the sun sensor mounting screws.
- Lift the sensor out of the instrument panel and disconnect the wiring.
The sun sensor must protrude approximately1/4inch above the instrument panel top cover. This will ensure proper operation.To install:
- Attach the wiring to the new sensor and insert it into the instrument panel, allowing it to protrude approximately 1 / 4 inch above the dash.
- Tighten the sensor mounting screws once the sensor is into the correct position.
- Install the instrument panel top cover.