REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Drain the coolant from the radiator and cylinder block.
- Detach the power cord plug from the block heater.
- Loosen the screw in the center of the heater. Remove the heater assembly.
- Thoroughly clean the core hole and heater seat.
- Insert the heater assembly with the element loop positioned upwards.
- With the heater seated, tighten the center screw securely to assure a proper seal.
- Fill the cooling system to the proper level, vent air, and inspect for leaks. Pressurize the system with a radiator pressure tool before looking for leaks.