REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Unplug the fan electrical harness connector from the EFI module.
- Remove the retaining screws and clips that secure the cooling fan assembly to the radiator.
- Remove the cooling fan assembly from the radiator.
- If it is necessary to separate the fans from the motor shafts, remove the retaining clip or nut from the motor shaft and gently, but firmly, force the fan off of the shaft.
- If necessary, separate the fan motors from the cooling fan shroud assembly by removing the mounting screws.
- Place the fan motor in position on the cooling fan shroud and install the mounting screws. Tighten the right fan motor mounting screws to 25 inch lbs. (3 Nm) and the left fan motor mounting screws to 45 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the fans on the motor shafts by firmly sliding the fan over the shaft and installing the retaining clip or retaining nut.
- Install the cooling fan assembly to the radiator. Install the retaining clips and tighten the shroud-to-radiator retaining screws to 45 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Attach the fan motor electrical connector to the EFI module.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Start the vehicle and road test or allow to idle until the engine reaches operating temperature to allow cooling fans to turn on.