REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle on jackstands.
- Remove the transaxle inspection cover and flywheel/flexplate.
- Using a small prytool, carefully pry out the rear oil seal. Be careful not to nick or damage the crankshaft flange seal surface or the retainer bore.
- Place the Seal Pilot Tool C-4681 (or equivalent) onto the crankshaft.
- Lightly coat the oil seal outside diameter with Loctite Stud N' Bearing Mount® or the equivalent.
- Apply a light coating of engine oil to the entire circumference of the oil seal lip.
- Place the seal over the special tool and tap the seal in place with a plastic mallet.
- Install the flexplate or flywheel. Install the transaxle.
- Lower the vehicle and connect the battery cable.