REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Because of the weight of the rear trunk lid, this operation requires the help of an assistant to prevent possible physical injury or damage to the rear window and fenders.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If applicable, unplug any electrical wiring from the components located in the trunk lid. Remove the wiring harness from the trunk lid.
- Scribe a mark around each hinge where it connects to the underside of the trunk lid for reinstallation with a minimum of adjustment.
- Remove the bolts holding the top of the hinge to the trunk lid.
- As an assistant supports the trunk lid remove the bolts holding the bottom of the hinge to the trunk lid.
- Remove the trunk lid from the vehicle.
- Position the trunk lid and while an assistant supports the trunk lid, install the bolts, finger-tight, holding the bottom of the hinge to the trunk lid.
- Install the bolts, finger-tight, holding the top of the hinge to the trunk lid.
- Align the bolts to achieve equal spacing on all sides and flush across the gaps.
- Verify the trunk lid operation and sealing and tighten the hinge-to-lid bolts securely.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Inspect the clearances between the edges of the trunk lid in relation to the rear of the body under the rear window, the fenders, and the rear panel. There should be equal spacing on all sides and flush across the gaps
- If the lid requires adjustment, loosen the mounting bolts located on its underside.
- Shift the lid forward or rearward to change the dimension between its front end and the fore and after seals first, if this adjustment is necessary. Once this is correct, shift the lid right or left as necessary.
- Tighten all mounting bolts.