REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise the window until it is in the full up position, if possible.
- Remove the trim panel and window regulator as described in this section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the electric window motor electrical connector.
- Secure the sector gear and mounting plate with a C-clamp or similar clamping tool. This will prevent a sudden and forceful movement of the regulator when the motor is removed.
- Remove the three mounting screws that hold the motor gearbox to the regulator and remove the motor from the regulator.
- Position the motor on the regulator so that it engages the regulator sector teeth.
- Rock the motor into position to align the three screw holes.
- Install the three mounting screws and the one tie down bracket screw and tighten to 50-70 inch lbs. (5.6-8.0 Nm).
- Install the regulator and test the operation.