REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
The fuel filter mounts to the frame rail in front of the fuel tank. The inlet and outlet ends of the filter are marked for installation purposes.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle then locate the filter.
- Disengauge the quick connect fittings from the filter. Refer to Fuel System for procedures.
- Remove the filter mounting bracket, then the filter.
- The inlet and outlet sides of the filter are marked, install the filter with the inlet side to the fuel tank.
- Place the filter into the bracket. Place the bracket against the frame rail, tighten the mounting screw to 110 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Apply a light coat of clean 30 weight engine oil to the fuel filter nipples. Install the fuel lines.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.